Re: gEDA-user: a different approach to 3D modeling

Bert Timmerman wrote:

> http://openscad.org/
>
> And the beginning of an OpenSCAD exporter for pcb, on top of a recent
> (current) clone of the pcb git repository:
>
> https://github.com/bert/pcb-openscad
>
> Please give me your thoughts and opinions on both.

I see a nice way to produce 3D models non-interactively. The models
can be exported as a mesh in STL format. This allows for import to
blender for super naturalistic rendering. Goal number one achieved :-)

I don't see a work flow to 3D construction apps. There is DXF output.
But this is 2D, only. So goal number two seems out of reach. Is there
a STEP export in the pipeline?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak