Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL resistor p0rn

Matthew Wilkins wrote:

> 1.  make FreeCAD 3D models for each of the components
> 2.  generate an XY place file, board outline file and drill file in PCB
> 3.  run a python script in FreeCAD that generates a model of the board
>     based on the outline gerber file.
>     Make holes using data from the drill file.
> 4.  Run  a script that makes an assembly by placing components based
> on the XY place file.

This is exactly, what I had in mind, when I opened the subject
"A different approach to 3D modeling" :-)

> At this point you should have a 3D model of the board, right in a
> 3D CAD program that can be used to model enclosures and other parts.

And a path to create high quality rendered images or even animations
with blender. Imagine a low-level flight through your populated board...

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211