Re: gEDA-user: current working file name in gschemrc

Peter Brett wrote:

>> What is the prupose of ~A in this line?
>
> It's a Scheme format specifier.  I think in this case I will invite
> you to RTF Guile Manual, since it explains the operation of the
> 'format' function quite well. :-)
>
> http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/manual/html_node/Writing.html#index-simple_002dformat-2052

Ok, I get a faint idea, what is going on.

Now, I got stuck with the next step: Copy the pdf produced by cups-pdf in
$HOME/PDF to the working directory of the current project. Seems like
adding bash commands to the print command works. E.g.
	lp -d PDF -t "mosfet-node"; echo "foobar"
or even
	lp -d PDF -t "mosfet-node"; ls -l $HOME
Output is on stdout. The dot expands correctly to the current working directory.

But if I try to access the produced pdf file with
	lp -d PDF -t "mosfet-node"; mv $HOME/PDF/mosfet-node.pdf .
the second command seems to act on the state before the print command. If
there was no PDF file before, I get:
	mv: cannot stat `/home/kmk/mosfet-node.pdf': No such file or directory
If there was such a file, then this file gets copied rather then the newly
produced one. It acts, as if the shell that executes the command string does
not wait for the lp command to terminate before it proceeds with the mv.

Is there anything I can do about this?
What kind of shell is the command string executed by?

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211