gEDA-user: PCB+GL -> Stable (eventually...)

Hi geda-users, Kai-Martin,

Since I know some people have expressed an interest in why PCB+GL hasn't
hit stable yet, I realised earlier that there was another step which is
necessary... (besides cleaning up the hacks I made on top of the code I
took from cairo).

The "polygon_speedup" branch on which the GL code sits might seem
unrelated, but in fact there are changes in that branch which are relied
upon when rendering polygons.

The "polygon_speedup" branch should mostly be a success, but I'm fairly
sure it does increase CPU cycles for some operations. I've not had a
chance to test it very scientifically, and I'm hesitant to push it to
git HEAD without having at least made a few checks to see that it isn't
penalising too many general cases.

If necessary I could re-write the polygon rendering routines to NOT rely
on the fact the "polygon_speedup" branch creates a spatial datastructure
of all the contours within a polygon.

--
Peter Clifton

Electrical Engineering Division,