Re: gEDA-user: Power nets in hierarchy

Why not just define an attribute "GLOBAL" which you could attach to a
net?  A global net would then have two attributes: NETNAME and GLOBAL,
for example:

NETNAME=VCC
GLOBAL=1

Then the netlister would know directly what type of net it was
handling, instead of having to figure it out from the attached
schematic symbol.  In any event, I often just use named nets for power
instead of attaching a power symbol.  Finally, there are other common
nets which aren't power nets but are also globals, such as RESET.
Nets like RESET don't always have an accepted device symbol.

Stuart