Re: gEDA-user: xinstall problems -- otherwise impressive

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 18:29:55 -0500 (EST)
sdb@cloud9.net (Stuart Brorson) wrote:

> I don't like to slag off anybody's contribution to a free software
> project.  Anybody who makes a contribution should be lauded.  But I
> will say that  I have never been able to successfully install gEDA
> except via the manual way (i.e. download all the .tar.gz files, gunzip
> them individually, and then "run make all" from the command line.)
> None of the fancier install packages have ever worked for me -- they
> always segfault.

Hi Stuart,
I've been using Gentoo GNU/Linux for several months now, and I'm happy to say that
the Gentoo Ebuild of Gschem builds fine (the pre gtk2 one).

So does the Gentoo pcb ebuild.

So in the case of Gentoo, building gschem is as simple as "emerge gschem", same with pcb, "emerge pcb".

--
Kind Regards
Terry