Re: gEDA-user: xinstall problems -- otherwise impressive

Hi Phil,

>I've checked previous threads and have been unable to find similar
>problems reported by others, and am curious to see if there is something
>i am overlooking.

	No, you are doing everything right.  make xinstall and setup
are the newest members of the gEDA/gaf family and hence still need some
polishing.  For now, I recommend the manual (make install) or even more
manual (cd package; ./configure --prefix=...; make install) approach.

[snip]
>also- i downloaded and am trying to setup using version 20030901.  when
>i try xinstall, it downloads and compiles version 20030525.  what do i
>have to do to stop that?  it gives me messages about setup.cfg and

	This is my fault.  I didn't update the setup config file when
I released 20030901.  I will correct this in the next release.

[snip]
>i have compiled each package the old-fashioned way and am having limited
>success.  when attempting to create pcb layouts, i receive the
>following: sh: line 1: pcb: command not found

	Did you install pcb?  It is not part of gEDA/gaf.

http://pcb.sourceforge.net/

								-Ales