Re: gEDA-user: Gdatabase and datadraw available for download

[snip]
>I'm going to go out on a limb and say that with even a bare-bones
>interpreter mode for gnetlist (print variables, evaluate expressions),
>a fair number of people would be more willing to put aside their
>language preferences long enough to give guile a try.

% man gnetlist

gEDA(1)                            20030525                            gEDA(1)

NAME
       gnetlist - gEDA/gaf Netlist extraction/generation

SYNOPSIS
       gnetlist  [-i]  [-v]  [-l schem_file] [-m schem_file ] [-g guile_proce-
       dure] [-o output_filename] schematic1 [... schematicN]
[snip]

       -i      Interactive  mode.   After  the schematic is read in and parsed
               and, if specified, the guile_procedure is execute then go  into
               interactive  mode.  Interactive mode allows the user to execute
               guile procedures directly.

:)  However, after reading this, and seeing how the code works, you cannot
specify -g and -i at the same time.  Man page fixed in CVS.

Instead you should do something like this:

% gnetlist -i filename.sch
gnetlist> (load "/home/ahvezda/geda/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-geda.scm")
gnetlist> (define packages (gnetlist:get-packages "dummy"))
gnetlist> (display packages)
(U3 U2 U1)gnetlist> (geda "output.net")
gnetlist>
etc...

OR
% gnetlist -l /home/ahvezda/geda/share/gEDA/scheme/gnet-geda.scm -i schem.sch
gnetlist> (geda "output.net")
gnetlist>

I have been playing with the trace/debug facilities within guile
and I haven't figured out how to use them yet with a gnetlist backend.
Here's some minimal info on debugging with guile:
http://www.gnu.org/software/guile/docs/guile-ref/Debugging-Features.html#Debugging%20Features

-Ales