Re: gEDA-user: xinstall problems -- otherwise impressive

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 22:33, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> Hi Phil,
>
> >I've checked previous threads and have been unable to find similar
> >problems reported by others, and am curious to see if there is something
> >i am overlooking.
>
> 	No, you are doing everything right.  make xinstall and setup
> are the newest members of the gEDA/gaf family and hence still need some
> polishing.  For now, I recommend the manual (make install) or even more
> manual (cd package; ./configure --prefix=...; make install) approach.
>

> [snip]
> >also- i downloaded and am trying to setup using version 20030901.  when
> >i try xinstall, it downloads and compiles version 20030525.  what do i
> >have to do to stop that?  it gives me messages about setup.cfg and
>
> 	This is my fault.  I didn't update the setup config file when
> I released 20030901.  I will correct this in the next release.
>
> [snip]
> >i have compiled each package the old-fashioned way and am having limited
> >success.  when attempting to create pcb layouts, i receive the
> >following: sh: line 1: pcb: command not found
>
> 	Did you install pcb?  It is not part of gEDA/gaf.
>
> http://pcb.sourceforge.net/
>
> 								-Ales

Thanks a lot for the info Ales.  this is quite a nice suite.

i've gotten pcb installed and have gone back through and recompiled
everything.  so far, all libraries and packages are installed without
error (none that i could see) and i am still receiving errors regarding
'raw2gw'

i've looked around and am unable to find anything by that name, and
gwave seems unable to display plots produced from earlier spice
simulations although it is able to load/list the variables in them.  am
i missing something?

i am really impressed with the package so far and can't wait to get some
real use out of it.  i spent last week trying to figure out why pspice
on two different windows machines was giving me conflicting output- so
i'm really eager to try out something new.

Regards,

phil