Re: gEDA-user: Re: free Xilinx compiler

On Sat, 9 Oct 2004 06:36:22 -0400, Bob Paddock <bpaddock@csonline.net> wrote:

> What I want to see from any of these players is a high performance part
> with few pins, like 8 to 16 pins.

Don't Atmel and Lattice have fast 20-pin parts?

Atmel used to have a free-as-in-beer version of WinCUPL, I think, but
I don't know the chances that it would work under Wine. It covers both
generic PAL-style parts (16V8, 22V10, etc.) and their ATF1500 parts
(which I think are also relatively low-pin-count).

And although it offends the sensibilities of most microcontroller
programmers, 8-pin PIC chips can be creatively programmed to do the
job of a PAL.

--
- Charles Lepple