Re: gEDA-user: find elements in PCB...

On Sunday 17 October 2004 01:17 am, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > It seems likely your pcb was compiled without the regex capability. It's
> > possible that this is a bug in the Makefile, but I thought Dan fixed that
> > some time back. Perhaps it is a new bug due to the new menu mechanism.
>
> Fixed and committed to CVS.

Thank you, works fine, as well as Control-R now.

Does this not fulfill the request for a search function?
Maybe it could be bound to some "Find" key, like Ctrl-Shift-F (Ctrl-F is
taken).

I'm working on a patch to pcb.texi now to address some documentation issues, I
added appendix-C showing how to use the Regular Expressions as an element
search function.

The one thing I need to know before I submit the patch is what the correct
method of creating a newlib style SMT footprint is, what is in pcb.texi now
does not work if you follow it verbatim.