Re: gEDA-user: find elements in PCB...

On Saturday 16 October 2004 08:53 pm, harry eaton wrote:
> > I just tried this but  "Select --> Elements" is grayed out. :-(
>
> It seems likely your pcb was compiled without the regex capability. It's
> possible that this is a bug in the Makefile, but I thought Dan fixed that
> some time back. Perhaps it is a new bug due to the new menu mechanism.

Config.h says:

/* Define to 1 if you have the `regcomp' function. */
#define HAVE_REGCOMP 1

/* Define to 1 if you have the <regex.h> header file. */
#define HAVE_REGEX_H 1

/* Define to 1 if you have the `re_comp' function. */
#define HAVE_RE_COMP 1

Makefile says:
LIBS = -lXaw -lXpm -lXmu -lXt -lXext -lSM -lICE -lX11 -lfl -lm
-L/usr/X11R6/lib -Wl,-rpath /usr/X11R6/lib

I don't know if it is related but an other menu item I noted not working is
the Info menu.  The "Generator Object Report" says Control-R should be the
accelerator key for that menu item, but Control-R doesn't do anything, or I've
not found the right context to be in for it to do something.  What I expect
to happen is if I have an object selected then press Control-R I get the
object report.  Nothing happens.