Re: gEDA-user: import netlist formats

>  I was wondering if there are scripts lying somewhere
> to convert EDIF(.edi), SPICE(.spi/.sp/.cir), .vlg o
> .vst netlists into schem/pcb netlists. I have my
> schematics in structural vhdl and i'm compiling it
> using alliance vhdl compiler. However when i need to
> edit specific parts i would like to be able to use
> gEDA. Anyone has already tried this?

This is discussed sporadically.  There is no gEDA tool doing this
right now.  It would be nice to have one, but I have a feeling that it
is difficult to create a tool which can create a sensible
representation of a circuit from a netlist.  (Creating a confusing
bowl of spaghetti from a netlist is quite possible, on the other
hand.)

In any event, please feel free to write such a tool!

There are some commercial tools to take a SPICE netlist to a graphical
representation.  A Google search will turn them up.

Stuart