Re: gEDA-user: Topics discussed at yesterday's Free Dog meeting (10.6.2005)

> For me, I've done my share of dumpster diving in my time so I have
> lots of older machines sitting in various closets which are waiting to

That reminds me...  The furnace project's computer died this week (the
pc, not the board I made).  So I grabbed the next-slowest computer
from the pile and swapped the hard drives.  No luck, dead power
supply.  Took the PS out of the old computer, did some metalwork to
make it fit, MB power cables too short!

So, the *next* slowest computer came off the pile.  Swap HD again,
install power tap cable, adjust software (the 486 timing used
calibrated busy loops; the pentium timing uses the TSC), and it's off
and running again.

Now I have a pentium furnace.