Re: gEDA-user: Topics discussed at yesterday's Free Dog meeting (10.6.2005)

> > I asked what the feature was for, and we agreed that it would be nice
> > way to put a company logo into a schematic.  I wonder if there are
> > other uses?
>
> Timing diagrams, track layout hints for embedded antennas and matched
> impedance traces, capacitive switches, ECO charts and instructions,
> etc.

Good point!  Thank you!

> > I have about 1/2 dozen old scrap computers upon which I will load
>
> I once built a single computer with 9 bootable partitions on it to do
> Linux OS compatibility testing.  That lets you have one common data
> partition, too.

That's another good way to solve the compatibility testing problem.
For me, I've done my share of dumpster diving in my time so I have
lots of older machines sitting in various closets which are waiting to
be assigned a duty as a testing platform.  Now I will finally have
some space to run them all.

> > *  John mentioned that he still wants to do a gEDA 200K (200 km) bike
> > ride from Boston to New Hampshire!
>
> Finally coming up to visit me?  I'm about 100km from Cambridge.

Yes, that was part of the plan!

Stuart