Re: gEDA-user: Topics discussed at yesterday's Free Dog meeting (10.6.2005)

> I asked what the feature was for, and we agreed that it would be nice
> way to put a company logo into a schematic.  I wonder if there are
> other uses?

Timing diagrams, track layout hints for embedded antennas and matched
impedance traces, capacitive switches, ECO charts and instructions,
etc.

> Could one of the PCB developers chime in here and clarify [rotation]?

Funny, Dan was just asking me about this a few days ago, in the
context of whether changing it would interfere with my GUI work.  He
might know the answer.

> I have about 1/2 dozen old scrap computers upon which I will load

I once built a single computer with 9 bootable partitions on it to do
Linux OS compatibility testing.  That lets you have one common data
partition, too.

> My quest is to find  an open-source drawing program suitable for
> creating dimensioned drawings suitable for sending to a machine shop.

Hmmm... PCB should be able to do this with a suitable output filter.

> *  John mentioned that he still wants to do a gEDA 200K (200 km) bike
> ride from Boston to New Hampshire!

Finally coming up to visit me?  I'm about 100km from Cambridge.