Re: gEDA-user: PCB is extremely slow

Charlls,

I think you just volunteered to keep the Xaw port going... Thanks ;)

Steve Meier

Developers get to chose their tools... users get to chose their versions...
I am using the GTK port and I am putting small amounts of food and beer into the effort.

Charlls Quarra wrote:

--- Karel Kulhavy <clock@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> escribió:

I am editing Ronja Twister
http://ronja.twibright.com/schematics/twister.pcb
And it sometimes takes 30 seconds to redraw (during
which PCB doesn't
react). My machine has 1500MHz CPU and 0.5GB of RAM
and nothing
CPU intensive is running there besides.

Do you have also this problem? Is it possible to
optimize PCB somehow
to not grind down this way?

Sure there is such an optimization. It's called "dropping the GTK port, and continuing the good ol' Xaw port"

___________________________________________________________ 1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam Correo Yahoo!, el mejor correo web del mundo http://correo.yahoo.com.ar