Re: gEDA-user: Topics discussed at yesterday's Free Dog meeting (10.6.2005)

On Monday 10 Oct 2005 01:21, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> 	if you end a net on a pin, then the net drawing should stop
> 	(ie you shouldn't get any more rubberbanding net segments).
>
> Comments?

As a new user I have fallen foul of this on numerous occasions, but I'm
not sure that the opposite behaviour would be any better. It would be
an extra left click to continue the net as opposed to an extra right
click to end it. You would end up having to go back to the net to
re-select it. At least with the right click you don't have to position
the mouse accurately first.

It's like the difference between Vero-wire and wire-wrap. Both have
advantages.

If this is more of a pain with L nets than without for some reason,
maybe we should consider why, and fix that.

--
Richard Urwin