Re: gEDA-user: Panelizing and other Gerber manipulations

Panelizing is very easy to do just using PCB. After I get my
individual layouts complete
I make a panel layout that contains each of the individual layouts.
Creating the compound layout is typically a five minute job.

Since I cut the boards on a bandsaw or sometimes with a hacksaw I usually leave
about 1/4" between layouts. You could place a silkscreen line between layouts to
help you guide the saw.

You need to check with each vendor to see if they allow panelizing,
v-scoring or
perforations. PCB Express allows panelizing but I believe they do not
do v-scoring
or perforation. Other vendors charge for panelizing.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org