gEDA-user: libraries for PCB

I am currently coaxing someone to redraw printed boards for Ronja he
designed in Orcad in PCB and he asks how many libraries there are for
PCB.

I say that those shipped with the program and he says that it won't be
much (which is true) and that it is more work to draw all the missing
library elements than doing it in a different program.

Why doesn't PCB webpage have also web submit feature like gschem?
For example when I asked for BF988 element here, it was immediately sent
to me by someone, but it isn't shipped with the program. This way there
is a lot of elements which are locked down on someone's harddisk and
they are not available for the public.

He also asks "if there is a manual so one doesn't have to permanently
work in a trial-error way or pestering people around". Is PCB manual of
this kind? Last time I remember the file format descriptions were
horribly obsolete.

CL<