Re: gEDA-user: Segfault with ubuntu packages

On Tue, 2006-10-10 at 23:12 -0700, Matt Ettus wrote:
> The Ubuntu gEDA packages are from last year, but they seem to be the
> only option.  They segfault on page closes for me, and even more often
> for a friend.  Anybody know why?  Are there newer packages available
> somewhere?

I'm running Ubuntu Edgy (the unstable development one), and I have geda
packages from 20060906-1 in my repository.

The repository is "universe/electronics"

In my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy main restricted multiverse
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy restricted main
multiverse universe

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-updates main restricted
multiverse
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-updates restricted
main multiverse universe

deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-proposed restricted main
universe multiverse
deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-proposed restricted main
universe multiverse

You'll need lines which have the equivalent "universe" keywords after
the deb {URL} ... bit.

You won't need the deb-src lines, and probably not the
{version}-proposed keywords.

There may be edgy-security lines which you need for universe as well.

Regards

Peter Clifton