Re: gEDA-user: Segfault with ubuntu packages

On Oct 11, 2006, at 12:12 AM, Matt Ettus wrote:

The Ubuntu gEDA packages are from last year, but they seem to be the
only option.  They segfault on page closes for me, and even more often
for a friend.  Anybody know why?  Are there newer packages available
somewhere?

Once again, the infamous slice bug, I guess. Try:

export G_SLICE=always-malloc

(or if you're using csh, "setenv G_SLICE always-malloc")

before invoking gschem.

Ales fixed this a few months ago.

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx