Re: gEDA-user: net attribute placement

Hi,

El sÃb, 28-10-2006 a las 01:19 +0000, Kai-Martin Knaak escribiÃ:
> Hi.
> Doing schematics again, I notice that the net attribute always sits
> just on top of the its net. It should be lifted a little bit for better
> readability. A good distance would be 50 units of gschem measurement.
> Now, I like to work with the default grid of 100. So I do ex on the
> attribute and change the alignment from bottom-left to middle-left. Is
> there any way to make this the default?

This seems something to do with the "automatic placement of attributes"
feature. However, this new feature only works with objects (yet). Maybe
we could add a new hook for nets.

> Alternatively, is it possible to introduce 50 units of vertical offset
> to attribute placement?

Net attributes or object attributes?
If you mean object attributes, you can use the automatic placement of
attributes. This feature is disabled by default, but you can enable it
in your system-gschemrc file, or your gschemrc file.
Check this post for a more detailed explanation of how it works:
http://archives.seul.org/geda/user/Oct-2006/msg00192.html

Regards,

Carlos