Re: gEDA-user: Schottky diode?

On Oct 29, 2006, at 11:37 AM, Dan McMahill wrote:
to a sun, I would do "make g++ CC" which would build it twice, once with g++ and then with Sun's own compiler.
Should I be on the lookout for one of those ultra sparc's Dan M likes?
There are chip co's in my town.... Maybe could get you one cheap.

It might be a stretch to say I like them. When I got mine it was because there was a critical piece of software I needed to run and solaris/sparc was the platform I needed. Linux/x86 versions are available now, but I just can't justify spending money to replace the sun right now. Besides, its a wonderful way to trip over lots of silly bugs in software written by "all the worlds an x86 linux box" coders....

Ugh. I can't see replacing a nice modern architecture with something as distasteful as an x86 box. With companies going tits-up all over the place, Real Computers are available SO cheaply anymore due to market saturation...Older but still rather ballsy desktop multiprocessor machines like Ultra2s can be had for twenty bucks. Why bother fighting with a PC?

                 -Dave

--
Dave McGuire
Cape Coral, FL