Re: gEDA-user: Current source rail blocking

Karel Kulhavy wrote:

In my broadband high sensitivity amplifier I have a rail where bases of all
current source transistors are hooked up. .
.
.
.
 what happens if some load puts a surge of electricity into the
collector of one of them and it gets through the C-B capacitance on the
connected bases.
.
.
.
. The transistor has E-B
charged to constant voltage and that corresponds to the pre-set current.

Only if the series base resistor is overriding factor so RF thru capacitance from C to base only small percentage effect.

How much does the load or driven voltage vary on the output of theese current sources? If not a big voltage swing, maybe lower perf transistor is all you need...

If you find some LOW gain transistors (Igain = 30?) for these DC current sources, your series R's will need to be lower, base current higher, and oscillation less likely and feedback thru input or output capacitance less and problems go away...