Re: gEDA-user: database driven component chooser - part II

Hi all,

Speaking about huge steps: do we actually _know_ how many of the users
are using the gschem-->pcb workflow and how many are using the
gschem-->[gnetlist, something_else] route.

If the "80-20" rule applies in favor of the gschem-->pcb route ...

Anyway, I hope Levente continues with this effort as it looks promising
to me and at least could solve the "transistor" problem.

If this method can be expanded to other netlists that would be fine, and
a benefit.

OTOH, there would be a _lot_ of "content" needed for this mechanism
(to be added and maintainted and checked and double checked).

FWIW, we could always fall back to "light" symbols and manually add all
the necessary attributes and ... err  ;-)

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.

P.S.: the "80-20" rule could be applied here as: "80% of the user base
uses 20% of the available options gaf offers".