Re: gEDA-user: database driven component chooser - part II

On Thursday 04 October 2007 05:35:56 Bert Timmerman wrote:

> If you would want to add attributes during gschem run-time (a.k.a. on
> the fly) you would have to find your way in a maze of
> pointers/structures/objects (see the link in the previous post).
>
> There are some helper functions already in place (as Peter B) mentions,
> and some functions still need to be written to accomplish the loading of
> attributes from Levente's dbsym.

Oh come on, it's not that bad!  There are functions which allow you to fully
manipulate the attributes -- how do you think the renumber dialog works! :P

The only problem is that I'm not sure you'd be able to do it entirely in
Scheme, so you'd probably have to write some C as well.

                              Peter

--
Peter Brett

Electronic Systems Engineer