Re: gEDA-user: database driven component chooser - part II

> AFAICT, it's a bit more complicated, the .sch is the result of the
> writing of gschem objects/structures to a file (in a defined syntax).
>
> Have a look at: http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/gEDA_Structures_20050108.pdf

Hmmm, I don't understand that document at all.

My comment was based on the info about the file format on the wiki,
http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:file_format_spec?s=sch%20format.

An example of a symbol on a schematic is,

C 63400 53800 1 0 0 diode-1.sym
{
T 63700 54300 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
refdes=D1
T 63400 53800 5 10 0 1 0 0 1
model-name=DIODEM1_Q1
T 62500 53600 5 10 1 1 0 0 1
file=model/DiodeM1_Q1.mod
T 63800 54400 5 10 0 0 0 0 1
device=DIODE
}

T defines an attribute (attributes are in braces after the item they
are attached to), and next two numbers are XY coordinates. Not too
sure what the rest are exactly, as they are not defined in the wiki,
but I would hazard a guess they indicate whether it is visible
(name/value/etc).