Re: gEDA-user: database driven component chooser - part II

Peter TB Brett <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [-- multipart/signed, encoding 7bit, 1 lines --]
>
>    [-- text/plain, encoding quoted-printable, charset: iso-8859-1, 25 lines --]
>
> On Thursday 04 October 2007 05:35:56 Bert Timmerman wrote:
>
>> If you would want to add attributes during gschem run-time (a.k.a. on
>> the fly) you would have to find your way in a maze of
>> pointers/structures/objects (see the link in the previous post).
>>
>> There are some helper functions already in place (as Peter B) mentions,
>> and some functions still need to be written to accomplish the loading of
>> attributes from Levente's dbsym.
>
> Oh come on, it's not that bad!  There are functions which allow you to fully
> manipulate the attributes -- how do you think the renumber dialog works! :P
>
> The only problem is that I'm not sure you'd be able to do it entirely in
> Scheme, so you'd probably have to write some C as well.
>
>                              Peter

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with gEDA internals. Not even after looking
at the sources, and the documentation. I think I need dig deeper. Could you
please tell me where to start? I was browsing x_autonumber.c to have an
example how to edit an attribute, but this was just too high.

Thank you.

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs