Re: gEDA-user: QFP fan-out tips

> One thing that would help would be if I could use the internal VCC/GND
> planes for routing the odd trace or two, but I have heard that it is a
> bad idea to run traces through the planes.  Anybody have any thoughts
> on this?

Yes, it is a bad idea, especially in the ground plane.  Now the return
current has to flow around that internal trace.  Try to envision
the path the current will take.  This long path makes for a large loop area,
which you don't want.

A six layer board is not that much more than a four layer board,
why not go for six?

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/