gEDA-user: first impressions on gaf v1.2.0

Just built the current snapshot of gaf. These are my first impressions.

* The default text of the Makefile should hint at how to change where the
utilities are to be installed (i.e. Edit the Makefile accordingly).
Yes, I know, this is not a big deal. But still it took the humble non-
developer, that I am,  a few minutes to figure how to redirect the
install into /usr/local.

* I had to change the syntax of the line that sets a light background in
my local gschemrc. This should go into the release notes.

* The old light background line yielded:
	Probably parenthesis mismatch in /home/kmk/.gEDA/gschemrc
This is slightly misleading, as there was no problem with parenthesis.
Why not simply throw a syntax error?

* gafrc is finally interpreted. :-)

* For some reason the status window notes:
	Tried to set the sensitivity on a non-existent menu item

* Dialogs remember their size, which is a real improvement, but not their
position. Is there a reason for this omission?

* I like the less flashy way connections of nets show up now. This will
make it easier to spot unwanted dangling ends. How about larger red spots
at the end of open pins?

* The new component chooser is a whole lot better than the old one.
However, there is it still room for improvement. E.g. it fails to descend
into subdirectories like almost any file chooser does.

* The list of hotkeys should be sorted according to function name.

I love to see my tools getting better with every release.
Thanks for getting the work done!

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak