Re: gEDA-user: first impressions on gaf v1.2.0

On Sat, 06 Oct 2007 19:46:49 +0100, Peter Clifton wrote:

> As a workaround, you could try setting: gconftool-2 --type boolean -s
> /apps/metacity/general/disable_workarounds false

Tried it, but window positioning still doesn't work :-|

> Suggests we'd have to use a TOPLEVEL window, rather than a DIALOG -
> which I don't think we can do whilst using GtkDialog as a parent. We may
> just have to resign ourselves to seeing a jump as the window is first
> shown, then moved.

Well, better a jumping dialog than constantly having to reposition it
manually. I noticed, that other supposedly GTK-adapted applications like
gimp and inkscape also fail to remember the position of their dialogs.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
http://lilalaser.de/blog