Re: gEDA-user: newbie, couple of Q's about gschem

> Complaint #1 is that the diode bridge symbol is about 1/8th the area of a
> landscape letter page, occupying many times the real estate that the DPDT
> relay symbol occupies.  And for a newbie, no obvious way to scale it or them
> to a more pleasing and usable size.  Did I miss it in my menu searches?

Common solution is to use bigger sheet to draw the circuit and then print it on standard paper.
I have some smaller symbols in available as a tarball on the following page:
http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/my-gaf-pcb.html
Current tarball is:
http://www.sp5pbe.waw.pl/~sp5smk/geda-smallsym-20060905.tar.gz
The symbols are about the same size as in other schematic capture programs.

> Complaint #3, and minor, is that the printout is B&W.  Even when fed to a
> color capable printer.

This is controlled by geda-gschemrc lines
(output-color "disabled")
;(output-color "enabled")

Wojciech Kazubski