gEDA-user: newbie, couple of Q's about gschem

Greetings all;

As an old (73), semi-retired broadcast engineer, I thought maybe I'd improve
the output format of my doodles when I'm building something as I'm still on
staff for transmitter stuff and probably will be till I fall over.

Mentally rigging up some remote control circuitry last night, I used gschem to
draw up a few functions, attempting to sequence and isolate a 50+ year old GE
transmitters control with that of a 35 year old Harris that I'm rigging for
use as a driver for the GE's final amplifier.  I cannot get the tubes the GE
uses in the medium power stages anymore as Eimac quit making them back in the
1980 time frame, and the last pair of 4-1000's on the planet is in it and
getting tired now.

Complaint #1 is that the diode bridge symbol is about 1/8th the area of a
landscape letter page, occupying many times the real estate that the DPDT
relay symbol occupies.  And for a newbie, no obvious way to scale it or them
to a more pleasing and usable size.  Did I miss it in my menu searches?

Complaint #2 is that while I can see the connection dots in color on screen,
they are not nearly so obvious when printed in black & white, and it would be
very handy if the much older ')' style of non-connecting crossover symbol was
available, but again I couldn't find it.

I assume there is a symbol editor too, but I didn't look very hard for it.

For what I wanted to do, it would have been not only nice, but also intuitive,
if a symbol when selected and floating, ready to place, would be zoomable
with the mouse wheel in order to scale it for a more usable, pleasing size.
As it worked, the mouse wheel still zooms the main page, not the symbol other
than it followed the main pages size changes too.

Complaint #3, and minor, is that the printout is B&W.  Even when fed to a
color capable printer.

Overall, the gEDA suite has come quite a ways since I first looked at it
several years ago, and a tip of the hat in the coders direction from me as a
thank you gesture is offered.

Comments anyone?

--
Cheers, Gene