Re: gEDA-user: PCB paste layer, revisited.

Levente wrote:

> I think the padstacks should be defined elsewhere, and we should only have a
> reference for it in the PCB file. Same goes for pads in padstack. So I prefer
> light footprints. Just my EUR 0.02.

Could a file-wide pad stack handle all cases of using a padstack?  I am thinking
Dave wants to vary the shape of paste layer from place to place...

So, are you saying you would prefer attributes attached, no file format change,
and somehow pcb will not draw the usual paste defined by the pad, and start drawing
from a formula contained in the attributes?

I suppose that could be done
by starting from the footprint origin...

There seem two ways to approach this, outlines or vectors/centerlines.  outlines are natural
for making a toolpath from.  A postscript function can give you a toolpath for
a round tool, like a laser cutting kerf or a mill.

How can we generate a toolpath from gerber vector output of a pad sliced by anti-paste layer?

John Griessen
--
Ecosensory   Austin TX
tinyOS devel on:  ubuntu Linux;   tinyOS v2.0.2;   telosb ecosens1