gEDA-user: sloppy rupper band mode

Rubber band mode is (still) much too sloppy about the decision which
segment endpoints to move.

Imagine a short segment between longer ones like I constantly get because
of the metric/imperial nuisance. Thes almost never rubber move in a
decent way. Suppose a track looks like this:
_____
1   2\_____
          3
If I drag the top corners at segment 2 there are two sensible rubber
modes:
a) Segment 1 and 2 stretch. Segment 3 stays in place.
b) Segment 1 and 3 stretch. Segment 2 moves a matching amount, no stretch

However, rubber band mode almost invariably chooses a third mode:
c) All three segments stretch.

This results in

    /|\
   / | \
  /  |  \
 /   |   \
/1  2|   3\

This is rarely a useful transform.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211