Re: gEDA-user: gschem, text alignment mark after rotation of symbols

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 23:19:11 -0400, Ales Hvezda wrote:

>> I suspect, the weird alignment mark after 180° rotation is a result of
>> a low level hack to never show text upside-down.
>
> Maybe there is some weird alignment, but the desire to not show text
> upside-down is quite intentional.

As it is now, it adds significantly to newbie confusion. Like Stefan, I
concluded for quite some time, that rotation and alignment in gschem is
somewhat broken. Suggestion: Keep the behavior, but call the alignment in
upside-down-mode "upper-right" rather than "lower-left".

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak                                  tel: +49-511-762-2895
Universität Hannover, Inst. für Quantenoptik      fax: +49-511-762-2211