Re: gEDA-user: Pcb tutorial and current Pcb version differences

Tamas Szabo <sza2king@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi All,

Hi Tamás,

> I'm a newbie user of Pcb (and may gEDA also...). I compiled pcb-20070912

Welcome to the "club"!

> snapshot today and pcb-20070208 snapshot earlier. I tried to follow the
> pcb.pdf guide. The different snapshots contains different pcb.pdf files,
> however I realized that there is many part where the guide cannot say
> the same as the program.

Unfortunately, the documentation is far old.

> The biggest one is the panning control. I find it nowhere. But both .pdf
> refer to that.

Oh that is good that this one is the biggest problem! :-) So. The panning tool
is connected to the middle button of your mouse. In old days, there was a
separate panning tool.

> Am I did something wrong? Is there a guide which contains the recent
> features?

You did the best with compiling, and using gEDA/PCB. ;-)

--
Levente
http://web.interware.hu/lekovacs