Re: gEDA-user: Intel stencil clear bug with multiple contexts

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 23:22:14 +0200, Stefan Salewski wrote:

> Hope not annoying you, but if you followed this list very carefully the
> last years (I did not

Me too. I am pretty new to this project.

> ) you may know that Peter C. is a very smart
> software developer who has contributed much to gEDA and PCB project.

But I realized that already.

> So there will be good reasons for using OpenGL -- I can imagine
> transparency and maybe 3D view.

3D view is pretty difficult for a 2D library...but its an "high level"
abstraction providing basic graphic shapes and could be easier (?) to
use as native OpenGL.

Ok, Peter C. used cairo for gschem and he will know the pro and contra.