Re: gEDA-user: possible gattrib fix (was Re: Testing gEDA 1.5.4 for Gentoo-Linux)

On Sun, 2009-10-04 at 20:07 +0200, Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:00 PM, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> > Currently we have --disable-gattrib (only for gtk+ 2.17.x ?) and
>
> One of our developers,Mamoru Tasaka , pointed out to me that the
> following might solve this gattrib issue.

I don't think it will - since those members weren't just renamed - they
are no longer used or updated. They will only be initialised to 0 during
the GObject allocation.

GTK changed its API during 2.0 (which I thought was not "allowed).
Arguably it has changed its ABI as well... since those fields (still
present in the same binary location) are no longer useful.

A fix has already been committed to gattrib which completely removes the
bit-rotten GtkItemEntry code and just uses plain GtkEntry widgets
instead.

Best wishes,

Peter C.