Re: gEDA-user: PCB, I lost my layer colors

On 10/17/09, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Perhaps extending the existing Attribute() syntax to allow per-layer
> attributes?

Exactly.

> That would be somewhat backwards compatible, at least, if
> you added the support now and the use of them later.

Yes, I'm going to add an option to save the board with color attributes
or without them to make the result compatible.

> The only rule we
> have about them now is whatever we find (per-board and per-element
> currently) must be retained across load/save.

I suggest a new one: the attribute which name begins with "PCB:" may
carry a value which has sense for PCB, like the layer color.