gEDA-user: plated mounting holes

How can I make a mounting hole that does:
1. top/bottom side plated round pad, e.g. .250"
2. connected from top to bottom with a plated hole
3. inner layer clearance is just the normal clearance around the hole,
say .010"

I tried a large via, but the inner layer clearance is the clearance of
the surface pad leaving a really big copper-free section on the inner
layers.

I suppose creating to elements, one for the top-side and another for the
bottom, connected with a via of the proper hole size would work.  Seems
there's another way, though?

gene