Re: gEDA-user: PCB+GL testing

> >  Oh, I almost forgot: I've changed #define BACKUP_NAME in
> > globalconst.h from "PCB.%.i8.backup" to "/tmp/PCB.%.i8.backup", but
> > this should make any difference (I think)
>
> This is what probably killed you, if your computer had a restart in
> between your crash and a check for your files.  Your computer should
> clean out tmp on a successful shutdown.  others have it set to clean
> on a boot, i dislike that as it nukes the info from a system crash.
>
> Hardkrash

The PC did not restarted, I've checked backup files just after crash. Anyway it seems that BACKUP_NAME is only used for unsaved files, normally pcb writes *.pcb- file in project folder (please somebody correct if I'm wrong). *.pcb- is the backup when working with saved projects. I had a very strange situation (that could not be reproduced any more): no files in /tmp/ and no *.pcb- file in project directory. Just my normal (unsaved) *.pcb file.

Anyway I already have this board made, I'm soldering it now. First test should be done on weekend :-).

Best Regards,
Michael W.