Re: gEDA-user: plated mounting holes

On 10/23/2009 05:58 AM, gene glick wrote:
> How can I make a mounting hole that does:
> 1. top/bottom side plated round pad, e.g. .250"
> 2. connected from top to bottom with a plated hole
> 3. inner layer clearance is just the normal clearance around the hole,
> say .010"

Presently, PCB can't do different pads on different layers.  I can think
of two ways to do this:
1) Make a via with no pad, then make a solid thermal to a polygon which
approximates a circle on top and both.  Finally, an arc trace can cover
over the jagged edges.
2) Make an element with two rounded pads, same location, but one with
the flag "onsolder".  Then put a pin through that has zero (or minimal) pad.

-Ethan