Re: gEDA-user: .pcb question

   On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 4:15 PM, Gene Heskett
   <[1]gene.heskett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   On Sunday 25 October 2009, John Luciani wrote:

   >I am not sure if the Roland uses NGC or some other format.
   >The commands looked a lot plotter control commands to
   >me.

     Me either, but since its Roland, I'd have to assume its closed.
     The only
     Roland machines I've seen recently are a pair of graphic plastic
     sheet
     cutters, to make huge signs and such with.  One of my neighbors is
     in that
     business.  No idea if its close enough to English to translate
     easily, and
     since he does all the composition with a Roland supplied windows
     application,
     I have doubts he has ever actually looked at the code going down
     the cable.

   There is a programming manual online. I took a look the commands a
   while
   back. If you decide you want to try send me an email and I will try to
   find the link.

   >I brought a couple of Gerber files to try routing a board using the
   >milling machine. Unfortunately the CAM program they have only
   >understands a subset of the Gerber specification, specifically the
   >subset that Eagle outputs :(

     Ouch, and my copy of eagle-lite likely doesn't even export gerbers.
      It will
     not load this file, no errors because no attempt to load it is
     made. :(

   Like Peter, I misunderstood the question. Your .pcb doesn't sound like
   it is an Eagle file either.
   If your design was done in Eagle-lite I am pretty sure that you can
   export gerbers.
   (* jcl *)

   --
   You can't create open hardware with closed EDA tools.
   twitter: [2]http://twitter.com/jluciani