Re: gEDA-user: Working on xgsch2pcb-0.1.3 for Gentoo

On Wed, 2009-10-28 at 00:15 +0100, Stefan Salewski wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-10-26 at 15:09 +0000, Peter Clifton wrote:
>

> > The latest version is
> > http://geda.seul.org/dist/geda-xgsch2pcb-0.1.3.tar.gz
> >
> > Although I think I was slack and didn't get a release announcement
> out.
>

> Hello,
>
> seems to work fine, I can launch gschem, gattrib and PCB from this tool,
> but I get in terminal window
>
> stefan@AMD64-X2 /mnt/data/stefan/gEDA/test $ rm b1*
> stefan@AMD64-X2 /mnt/data/stefan/gEDA/test $ cat p1
> schematics FPGA_Power.sch FPGA_B0B1.sch FPGA_B2B3.sch RAM.sch ADC.sch TDC.sch Digital_In_A.sch Digital_In_B.sch Digital_In_C.sch InputDividerCh1.sch InputDividerCh2.sch AmplifierCh1.sch AmplifierCh2.sch Controller.sch PowerManager.sch DC_DC_Converter.sch Lin_Regulators.sch Misc.sch AmpCommon.sch
> output-name b1
> skip-m4
> elements-dir /usr/local/share/pcb-symbols-jcl_2008-4-25
> elements-dir /home/stefan/gEDA/imported-footprints
> elements-dir /mnt/data/stefan/gedasymbols/www/user/stefan_salewski/footprints
> elements-dir /home/stefan/gEDA/custom-footprints

[snip gsch2pcb output]

> stefan@AMD64-X2 /mnt/data/stefan/gEDA/test $ xgsch2pcb p1
> Warning: Failed to load gettext translations
> Warning: Unsupported project file line "skip-m4"
> Warning: Unsupported project file line "elements-dir /usr/local/share/pcb-symbols-jcl_2008-4-25"
> Warning: Unsupported project file line "elements-dir /home/stefan/gEDA/imported-footprints"
> Warning: Unsupported project file line "elements-dir /mnt/data/stefan/gedasymbols/www/user/stefan_salewski/footprints"
> Warning: Unsupported project file line "elements-dir /home/stefan/gEDA/custom-footprints"
> stefan@AMD64-X2 /mnt/data/stefan/gEDA/test $

That is not fatal.. it is just xgsch2pcb being vocal that _it_ doesn't
support those options. It will leave them intact in the file, so
gsch2pcb sees and process them ok.

I was actually sent a patch to hide these messages. (I didn't apply it,
as I think they are _somewhat_ meaningful). I've been in contact with
the author of the patch - my suggestion was that the messages should be
present, but could differentiate between "known", but not editable, and
completely unknown commands.

In fact, the patch contributor is now working on a configuration dialog
to support these most common options. I think that will be an excellent
edition when it lands.