Re: gEDA-user: pcb flip-sides

I think the fundamental problem is that we're mixing core actions
(like setting the layer stackup) with GUI actions (like which side
we're viewing).  That's why the png exporter has it's own "other side"
option.

Perhaps we could extend the option which sets the visible layer stack
to figure out (or specify) which side we're looking at, to at least
set the side flag (but not any gui-specific flip/rotate settings)?
This is the option you use with, for example, the eps exporter to
specify the layer stacking order.

That way, we can set the "which side is up" flag separately from the
GUI actions to arbitrarily reposition the board.

Otherwise, we'd need to put the board orientation in the core, and
that would complicate things like the GLX 3-d view, which has tons of
position information, at the expense of simpler exporters like Gerber
which don't have a board orientation.