Re: gEDA-user: Alternative subparts

Karl Hammar wrote:
> Is there a way to organize alternative subparts in a project, e.g.
> a cpu-card for one user will have one kind a bus-connector and for
> another user another bus-connector, but still maintanable as one
> project?

I would use the method where project definition is by separate directories
with different gafrc files containing different lists of libraries.

The new offshoot project can be created by copying the project dir and referencing
library dirs, then changing gafrc to add new library or just the current project dir
as place for new symbols.  When I say to reference existing libraries, I mean they are checked out.
A version control system like git or subversion or cvs
will let you check out the existing libraries and existing project and history.

John Griessen

--
Ecosensory   Austin TX