Re: gEDA-user: Alternative subparts

What I did was have a gsch2pcb for the common schematics, to edit the
common part of the pcb.  Then I gsch2pcb'd the full set, used a pcb
script to merge the common pcb with the specific pcb, and DRC it.
That's how I got 16 identical channels on the powermeter board.

I suppose one could use the common PCB to create a background image
for the specific pcb fragment, so you knew where the connections went.

Alternately, you could have a script that locked everything from the
common board as they're merged into the specific board, so that they
can be identified and re-merged later.