Re: gEDA-user: Alternative subparts

john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
> Karl Hammar wrote:
> > Is there a way to organize alternative subparts in a project, e.g.
> > a cpu-card for one user will have one kind a bus-connector and for
> > another user another bus-connector, but still maintanable as one
> > project?
> I would use the method where project definition is by separate directories
> with different gafrc files containing different lists of libraries.

I don't understand this method, what is the reason for not sharing
libraries?

For what I understand, a library is a good thing when sharing things,
why should I want to use duplicate libraries when most of the design
is common?

Also, I want to share as much as possible, just e.g. be able to have
a subpart where difference are between users.

> The new offshoot project can be created by copying the project dir and referencing
> library dirs, then changing gafrc to add new library or just the current project dir
> as place for new symbols.

Cannot a new sybol be placed in a shared lib without conflict?

Regards,
/Karl

Karl Hammar                    Aspö Data               karl@xxxxxxxxxxx
Lilla Aspö 148                                                 Networks
S-742 94 Östhammar          +46  173 140 57                   Computers
Sweden                     +46  70 511 97 84                 Consulting